In less than one week’s time we noted that Amazon has decided to pull out of the livestreaming race due to lack of network interests in becoming an a la carte option in their Amazon Channels lineup. Also, their star of the hit show, Transparent, has left the show amid sexual harassment allegations.
With all this uncertainty surrounding Amazon’s television offerings, the delivery company-turned-streaming giant has added a major coup to Amazon Channels:
Sports Illustrated TV is available on Amazon Channels for only $5.00 per month. Included in this cost is over 130 hours of content from movies to documentaries. On tap will be the first five movies of the Rocky franchise and sports docs that are under the Mandalay Sports Media and Jonathon Hock umbrellas.
Although no live sports is set to be available as of now, there will be highlight shows with recap packages containing all of the latest sports info and news.
Five new shows are also set to debut on this platform.
Not all information is available on these upcoming releases, but they include:
- “Planet Futbol”: Hosted by the soccer writer Grant Wahl, the series delves into the sport around the globe with guests from Europe and the Americas.
- “SI: Under the Cover”: Profiles of subjects from current issues of the magazine such as an interview with NFL star Julio Jones.
- “The Crossover”: A basketball lifestyle talk show about the players, games, culture, fashion, and memes, hosted by SI.com writers Matt Dollinger and Rohan Nadkarni.
- “The Line” (working title): Show about sports betting and daily fantasy sports.
- “The Vault”: Series revisits some of the biggest stories that have appeared in Sports Illustrated in its 63-year history with new on-camera interviews.